Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Handprint Easter Craft (Tuesday Talk)

Today I thought I'd share a craft that I started last week, but finished over the weekend.

As I've mentioned plenty of times, I love making handprint crafts with the kids. They are so cute and become a keepsake as well. I love how little their hands are and they actually love doing it.

The reason this project was a two part series was b/c I started with a blank white canvas. I realized that I needed to paint it purple before the kids could start helping. And it took multiple coats to get it the color I wanted.


Once it was the right color and all dry, the kids could start with their hands.



I used both sets of each of their hands to make the cross. And I used the time we were painting to discuss the cross and what it meant at Easter. I love hearing my 7 year old explain things to my 3 year old.

And while the final product did have a few imperfections, I thought it turned out perfectly!


As always, I'm linking up with Keri, Jessica, Katie, and many more for Tuesday Talk.

5 comments:

  1. It turned out awesome!!!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kimm! I just love seeing their little hands on things.

      Delete
  2. This is perfect! I love it! What a great project to teach them the true meaning of Easter. Thanks for linking up with us today for Tuesday Talk! - Jess
    www.sweetlittleonesblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome project, Cory! i wish I had done more of these kinds of things when my Baby Girl was younger!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea! I love it! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Talk

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS