Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Workout Wednesday

It's no secret that I love to run, but only outdoors. I despite the treadmill and only use it as a last resort. I typically try to run 3-4 times per week (2-3 miles each day). That being said, the weather is turning colder and I need some advice on cold weather gear. I currently own Under Armour cold gear tops and bottoms. I also have a pair of gloves and an ear warmer. You'd think I'd be set, right? Well except for the fact that it's crazy windy here and my face felt like it was literally going to freeze off the other day.


I was asking some friends at Supper Club for suggestions b/c all I could think of was a "face mask" ha! A friend suggested a "neck gaiter". She even sent a me a link to one, and it even comes in PINK! Yay!


And one more.. although I think the first one looks warmer!


I'm hoping to purchase one soon and try it out! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!

I also wanted to share a new app I found, "Rock My Run". It offers a great mix of songs to help get through the workout. I tend to listen to the same playlist over and over again. This app makes it new and refreshing each time.


 I also recently tried a dance class at a local studio. It was a 90 minute class that left me sweating, sore, but wanting more! Wow! It was so much fun but much more intense that I expected! I guess when you do anything for 90 minutes, it will seem like a lot! I do hope to return, but it's across town making it difficult to find the time.


And while this may seem contradictory, I have to share something I splurged on yesterday while out grocery shopping. I'm a HUGE chocolate and peanut butter lover. In fact, I've been known to pour some chocolate chips on a spoon full of peanut butter when I'm desperate (don't judge!). These just looked too good to pass up!  (And just for the record, I love sweets. Just b/c I workout doesn't mean I eat healthy. It's actually the opposite. I workout to help offset my eating! :)


I'd love to hear any of your tips for staying warm outside while running. Or any indoor workouts you absolutely love. I forgot to mention that I do mix in an occasional "Jillian 30 Day shred" video once a week.  (We aren't members of a gym b/c my hubs built a gym in our basement with free weights, a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, etc. So it just makes sense to stay home.)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS