Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Weekend Recap + BOLD Attire


This past weekend we drove down to Charlotte to see the Hornets play. I'm not big into the NBA but the hubs is and he'd always wanted to watch a game court side. I surprised him with tickets for our anniversary/Christmas. We love road trips together!


We arrived in town with a few hours before game time, so we power shopped for Christmas. It's rare that we have time w/o the kiddos so we knew we should take advantage of it. 

Sweater, Scarf (it's a knock off but I can't remember where I purchased it - they do have some at Target though!), Vest, Jeans, Booties

After we finished shopping (ran out of time), we checked into the hotel and got ready for the game. Upon arrival we were taken to the back court bar area. We felt like VIP.


We had access to all you can eat (a buffet meal) and drink during the entire game. We were also able to take the food/drinks to our seats with us.


I had snap a pic of the hubs by our seats to show how close we were. There were only 2 rows in front of us and that was the closest I could get! He was very excited!



They also served milk and cookies after the game in the same back court area! YUM! 


It had been a long day so we really didn't do much after the game on Friday. But Saturday morning we slept in (which was amazing) and then went to IKEA before heading back home. We both love IKEA but admitted we should have skipped it. It's really hard to shop "quickly" at that store! And I saw so many cute PINK things!! So many things, so little time!

Sweater (old - Charlotte Russe), similar jeans, booties

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BOLD ATTIRE!

I decided to step out of my comfort zone and embrace my inner "boldness". ha! I purchased a pair of leather leggings that I based my entire outfit around. I also ended up purchasing a new, BOLD, lipstick while out shopping that day. I thought it all came together quite nicely! :)

Essie nail polish, "Wicked"

Cuff Bracelets (here is a similar and here is the link to my exact ones), David Yurman Ring

 Leggings, Piko (borrowed but similar here), Vest, David Yurman Necklace (old but similar here), Earrings, Booties (mine are from Target but that was before I splurged on the Tom's brand. I'll only buy Tom's booties in the future! Oh so comfy! Here's a similar black pair that are Tom's.), MAC lipstick


Do you ever step outside of your comfort zone with clothes and then feel happy about your decision?? Despite my hubs saying it looked like I stepped out of an 80's band (in reply to me asking what he thought of my leggings.. ha!), I loved my outfit and was happy with my choices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS