Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

NYC


We had such a wonderful time in New York. And despite missing the kids, I do think we made the right decision by leaving them at home this time. We hope to return in a few years when the trip will be easier on them and they will enjoy it more!
We started the day waking up before 5 am (planning to leave the house by 6). And Cate must have been too excited to sleep so she woke up before we left. I was thankful for some early morning snuggles with her.





We drove an hour to the next town over and hopped on Amtrak. We rode it all the way into Penn Station. Oh, and did I mention my mom and step-dad joined us. My mom and I are the ones who have wanted to see the Rockettes for so many years. I couldn't see them without her!

With quite a few stops along the way and a mishap with the engine, we FINALLY made it to our hotel around 5pm. It had been a long day and we were very thankful to have arrived!


We quickly geared up for our walk to dinner at Serendipity. But not before a few pics along the way. Our hotel (Marriott Marquis) was literally RIGHT in the middle of Times Square. We chose it wisely and it worked out perfectly!


Without planning it, we stumbled upon the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center on the way. I was so excited!!


Not the best picture, but we FINALLY tasted some frozen hot chocolate.



We actually ended our first night pretty early b/c we were so tired.
We had a fun-filled day planned for the next day (our only real full day). We went ice skating at Rockefeller Center, saw The Rockettes, took a carriage ride through Central Park, and even squeezed in a broadway show. I wanted to be sure and do as much as we could while we were there!









The Rockettes show was fantastic and I highly recommend it if you ever have the chance to see them. Even my hubs (who couldn't quite figure out what they'd do for a 90 minute show) was highly impressed.


The picture below is showing the ginormous screen on the side of our hotel. I could always locate our hotel by the lit up screen!


I also took a picture of the new year's ball set up and ready to go. If you look real close you can see it on top of the 2014 sign.



We had to take a picture of The Plaza for our daughter (who loves the movie Eloise at the Plaza).




Silly pic to send to the kids!


I loved wearing my new dress to see Wicked.



And boy was Wicked a great show too!! My hubs picked it out and we both thoroughly enjoyed it!



We left the next morning and it was bittersweet. I was sad to leave but excited to see my kids.


The next day I had to send my daughter to school, but my I enjoyed some cuddles with my son.
I do hope to return again with the kids eventually. But this was definitely a wonderful trip with wonderful memories!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Cory. I just found your blog. New York is great during Christmas. It looks like a fantastic trip! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS