Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

It's Friday, Y'all! (NYC Edition)

TGIF!!! It's been one heck of a week! Both kiddos have taking turns passing a nasty cold back and forth. I've been trying to fight back from getting sick as well.  And I've been trying to pack for our trip, make arrangements for Christmas parties at school, Cate's dance recital, Cate's church Christmas program, etc. Needless to say, I am more than excited to be slipping away for a few days with my hubs and mom/step-dad to NYC.

I figured since I have NYC on the brain, I'd do my "5 on Friday" (and a new link - Favorite Things") post based on my trip.

~ONE~

On our first morning, we are driving to the next town over and taking the train to Penn Station. Despite the fact that we will be leaving our house by 6am and facing an 8+ hour train ride, I'm pretty pumped about it. I've never ridden a train for a long period of time. Since it will be such an early start to a LONG day, I thought I'd travel in comfort. :)

NYC #3


Leggings, /  Sweater (old but similar here), / Boots, / Boot socks (etsy) / Scarf (can't remember)


~TWO~

We're staying right in Times Square at the Marriott Marquis. This hotel looks insane!


 ~THREE~

Our first night we have reservations at Serendipity. I am over the moon excited for some Frozen Hot Chocolate! :)

*Not sure what I will wear for this event.

photo cred: Serendipity/Facebook

~FOUR~

On our (only) full day there, we plan to cram as much in as possible. I hope to go ice skating in Rockefeller Center.


And will probably where something similar to below, just haven't decided on what color jeans and booties.


NYC #1

Jeans / Gloves / Vest (old) / Black jeans / beanieleopard bootiesshirt / black booties / ring / bracelet / earrings


~FIVE~

We have tickets to see The Rockettes. (This show is the actual entire reason for why we are taking this trip. My mom and I have wanted to see The Rockettes perform for as long as I can remember. I was tired of "waiting" until the time was perfect and our kids were old enough. Hence the reason we're going sans kids and for such a short period of time. We do plan to return in a few years to see them again WITH the kids when the trip won't be so hard on them. )


I am really excited to finally be able to wear the dress I bought awhile back during our trip to Charlotte.  I'm not 100% sure of which jewelry I'll wear (or which coat b/c my bestie bought me an adorable pink one for Christmas), but I am definitely wearing my new dress!
NYC #2

Leopard Coat (Forever 21) / Dress / Ring / Pearl Bracelet &  Earrings old / Pink Coat (gift)  / pumps (old but similar here)


We might also try to squeeze in a Broadway show that night, but we're leaving our options open so we can decide when we get there.

So now that I've realized I'm not 100% prepared with my clothes options, I better go work on my list! I'll leave you with a pic from the other night. It had been a rough day and I couldn't wait to lounge in my new favorite leggings with a cookie and some "reindeer juice". ;)




I hope y'all have a great weekend! Ours will certainly be a busy one! OOH, and less than TWO WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! EEEKK!!


  

2 comments:

  1. Have fun in NYC! That's where we live! The Marriott has the coolest elevators. You'll feel like your in Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. I found your blog on Friday Favorites :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYC, especially at Christmas time. You will have a wonderful time. We went last year between Christmas and New Year's. It was so special!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS