Pages

Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Friday, Y'all! (Week in Review)

 Hey guys! Happy Friday!! Today I thought I'd do a little recap for my 5 on Friday since I haven't blogged in a week.

We had a wonderful week that started with Easter and ended at the beach (for Spring Break). Unfortunately, we had to come back last night b/c I have to work today and tomorrow. But the weekend forecast is looking great so hopefully we can still have some fun once I'm finished working.

 ~ONE~

Easter morning was so much fun! The kids loved looking for their baskets and then going through them. They also loved helping my sweet niece find hers once she woke up.


And while we hated that my hubs had to work that day, we were thankful he was at least home in the morning to see the kids with their baskets.


~TWO~

Easter Sunday is always a bit rushed between baskets, breakfast, and getting ready for church. But it's mainly b/c I insist on taking some pics before we leave for church. I was so, so thankful to have my brother and niece with us again this year. We all adore sweet Eloise.


I hated that the hubs wasn't in the pic below, but he just felt too silly posing in his scrubs. 
After church we returned to our home for a big Easter lunch. I loved hosting everyone at my house. The food was delicious, it was wonderful being surrounded by family, and the weather was gorgeous. After we ate, we spent the rest of the afternoon playing outside. It was a perfect day (minus the hubs working).


~THREE~

Once everyone left and I cleaned up a bit, I started packing for our beach trip. Aside from the regular items on the list, I HAD to include some trip essentials (and two of my absolute favs); Diet DP and Reese Eggs. A sweet friend dropped these goodies off to me earlier in the week and I specifically saved them for the trip down. I knew they would make the car ride that much more enjoyable!


I loaded the car that night and we left bright and early on Monday morning.


~FOUR~

As I mentioned last week, we headed to the beach for a few days during my daughter's Spring Break.  My dad owns a condo at a golf resort so we were able to stay there for free (SCORE!).  We originally planned to just enjoy some family time being lazy, shopping, eating out, putt putt, etc. We didn't really plan to spend much time at the actual beach. My hubs and I love the beach and have been going every year (some years multiple times per year) since before we were married. But our kids have never seemed too fond of it and we just decided to stop fighting the battle of making them go and "like it". They really surprised us this year and LOVED it. Despite the water being pretty cold and despite not having any beach toys to play with, they LOVED it! So while we were in complete shock, we were thrilled. We finally see a bright future of more beach trips!

But aside from the unexpected beach time, we still managed to do some fun things; enjoyable runs, shopped at the outlets, ate good food, played putt putt, took our kites to the beach, and played by the pool.







It was a wonderful few days and I look forward to more mini beach trips this summer (as we didn't book our usual week long Hilton Head trip this year).

~FIVE~

Now that I've returned home to my DVR box, I have a lot of shows to catch up on. And I think my favorite is still Southern Charm! Not only is it really entertaining, I love the fact that it's filmed in Charleston; my happy place!



I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! And I look forward to catching up on my daily blogs. I have missed them while we were gone!

As always, my fun link ups:

6 comments:

  1. Oh how cute did your kids look for easter - so lovely!! I love your monogrammed bathing suit - I may need that in my life!!Looks like a wonderful few days you had!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for family vacations!! It's always a bonus when the kiddos enjoy it too! :) And I agree with Biana - that suit is adorable! Also, Southern Charm - I will be looking to see if this is on Netflix or Hulu today! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't agree more with you on Southern Charm -- my guilty pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you had fun at the beach!!! I love your monogramed top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a great trip! And yay for the kids loving the beach! And definitely no fun waking up this morning after 10 days off! Have a great week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beach trip looked like it was so fun! I'm dreaming of the beach and a tan today!

    ReplyDelete

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS